EHR Software for Chiropractors: The Difference in Niche Solutions
EHR software for chiropractors helps doctors and patients. According to the American Chiropractic Association, three out of four people who received chiropractic care described it as “very effective.”
As a chiropractic professional, the question is: how can you improve productivity and see more patients?
The answer for many is to find and use a software tool specifically designed for chiropractic care. Here are a few reasons that these niche solutions are better than general-use EHR applications.
Manage Multiple Locations with Ease
Stay away from EHR vendors who offer multi-location support for an additional charge. ChiroSpring is designed to support multiple locations with no extra charges or hidden fees. It’s designed to grow with your business. True multi-location support includes:
- Quick toggle actions: You should be able to swiftly shift between different location calendars, front desk screens, and reports. Other EHR software providers require separate logins or additional steps to move through locations.
- No remote desktop or VPN: Other software platforms require chiropractors to download, maintain, and run separate Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) for each location or require complicated remote desktop setups. Managing multiple locations should be as easy as a few clicks.
Versatility for Modern Needs
One of the most aggravating aspects of legacy EHR platforms is they are server-based. This means the software is installed on a local server instead of being available online (cloud-based). Server-based systems are generally slower, less flexible when it comes to updates, and require more advanced and frequent technical support. ChiroSpring is 100% cloud-based, so you have the flexibility to run your practice from anywhere.
Additionally and most importantly, your data is automatically backed up. You won’t lose data if there’s a power outage or data breach, saving potential headache. It also means your practice is HIPAA compliant because all data is stored based on the latest standards.
Intuitive Tools for a Better Workflow
One of the most powerful aspects of EHR software for chiropractors is quick-input SOAP notes and customizable macros. These features give doctors an improved workflow and the ability to see more patients per day. ChiroSpring’s SOAP notes are built for speed:
- Previous notes are automatically populated.
- There is a touch-based interface for exams.
- Macros allow for quick inputs and reduce typing.
- The online intake system provides everything you need, including outcome assessments.
- You can add common diagnoses and charges to SOAP note templates.
Unlike bulky EHR systems that include every type of exam for every specialty, ChiroSpring includes only the tests and assessments required for chiropractic work, such as reflexes and muscle strength analyses.
Get a Bird’s-Eye View
Another reason large-scale and generalized EHR platforms are not ideal for chiropractors is that they can be designed for different types of users, such as IT pros or accounting specialists. ChiroSpring is designed for chiropractors and gives you the insights needed to run a successful business. Its reporting capabilities include:
- Practice Analysis Report: A financial health report for your practice
- Insurance Accounts Receivable Report: An instant snapshot of outstanding insurance payments
- Missing in Action Report: Insight into which patients have missed appointments or failed to schedule follow-ups
- Product Inventory Report: Inventory tracking if you sell products
- User Earnings Summary Report: Knowledge of which providers are bringing the most earnings
More than thirty additional reports are designed for chiropractic practices, which can be accessed as often or as sparingly as needed.
Customization for Your Practice
With large and clunky medical systems, you’ll have to spend hours learning the ins and outs of the platform. With ChiroSpring, you can arrange your home screen based on your needs. It’s called, “My Grid.” Customizable grids are available at several levels of CHIROSPRING:
- SOAP Note Macros: Arrange macros based on commonality and order.
- Diagnosis: Place the diagnosis codes that reoccur the most near the top of the grid for easy access.
- Charges: Charge codes are easy to find when you can move and order them to your liking.
- Cash register: Another benefit for practices that sell products, the cash register grid allows you to adjust products based on preference.
Another way to customize your software experience with ChiroSpring is through the patient dashboard. This screen has all the patient information that you need to access during a visit. Items such as profile, insurance info, ledger, visit history, SOAP notes, and documents can be moved accordingly for quick access and repeatable processes.
More Time with Patients and Less Documentation
EHR software for chiropractors like ChiroSpring understands the importance of making claim processing fast and easy. You can submit claims through a secure file transfer protocol with just two clicks. These claims go straight to your clearinghouse. To make things even easier, you can set it so claims are automatically created based on SOAP notes.
ChiroSpring automatically flags unpaid charges in red to assist with reconciliation. This reduces tedious, manual work while making sure nothing is missed.
Also, ChiroSpring makes it easy to find ICD-10 codes with a tree-structure breakdown. You can choose the high-level diagnosis first, then drill down into the specific code. Additionally, favorite ICD-10 codes can be pinned to folders or searched for via their description. This feature and many more are usually sold as upcharges by other EHR platforms not specifically designed for chiropractors.
As you can see, EHR software for chiropractors differs from clunky general-use EHR software. Exorbitant prices, upcharges, and cumbersome setups are all common with those legacy systems. ChiroSpring helps chiropractors become more productive, which means more revenue for your practice. We’re always listening to customer feedback and improving the product in ways to make the chiropractor experience even better.
ChiroSpring is an all-in-one practice management and EHR system built specifically for chiropractors to help them regain face-time with patients, spend less time on back-office tasks, maintain a limited staff, and save operational costs.
To see how ChiroSpring can help you simplify how you manage your practice, reach out to one of our specialists today!