Six Steps for Creating Chiropractic Care Plans
Step 1: Collect the patient’s information.
During the intake process, collect the patient’s information to include their name, address, etc. You can streamline this process using practice management software that enables you to:
- Customize the content that patients see.
- Prescribe content for specific visits, like outcome assessments or questionnaires.
- Use pre-made questionnaires, or create custom ones using the software’s editor.
- Give patients access to policies that they need to acknowledge, like HIPAA.
Step 2: Identify previous diagnoses within the past 12 months.
During this step, providers talk about any diagnoses that the patient has received within the past twelve months. That includes what they have or have not received treatment for, why they didn’t receive treatment, and any outcomes.
Step 3: List the patient’s current diagnosis.
- When did it begin?
- When did the patient start receiving treatment?
- Have they completed that treatment’s acute phase?
- Was the patient compliant during that phase of treatment?
Step 4: Start creating the patient’s customized care plan.
This step of the care plan is straightforward: providers are in the beginning stages of identifying how many visits the patient needs. They’ll identify the first series of visits and how often they need to occur. Then, they’ll break the care plan down even further into days, weeks, and months.
Step 5: Ask the patient about their background information.
- Do they know the cause of their condition?
- What is the patient’s primary complaint?
- What is their pain level, initial and current?
- Is there anything about the patient that may cause issues with their treatment progress?
Step 6: Finalize the patient’s customized care plan with education.
The last step for creating the patient’s care plan involves setting up a system for providing education. That means providers must identify and explain what patients should do at home between visits. They’ll follow that up with discussions focused on the various payment options that their practice accepts, including check, debit, credit, and ACH.
Education also includes outlining the provider’s process for evaluating the patient’s treatment goals, progress, and outcomes. Finally, it’s time to discuss what aftercare could look like and what patients need to do for maintenance.
Create Care Plans for Cash Practices
Creating a chiropractic care plan becomes second nature once you learn how practice management software improves cash flow. ChiroSpring helps chiropractors ensure patient satisfaction without having to worry about tracking payments.
ChiroSpring is an all-in-one practice management and EHR system built specifically for chiropractors to help them regain face-time with patients, spend less time on back-office tasks, maintain a limited staff, and save operational costs.
To see how ChiroSpring can help you simplify how you manage your practice, reach out to one of our specialists today!